There have been some tough times adjusting to life in the U.P. as recorded in this blog, but this week proved to be the toughest! Chris was laid off from his job this week, and although our family will be fine there is so much sadness and heartache!
I appreciate all of the well wishes that we have received and it helps us to keep this all in perspective, but I would be lying if I didn't say that this last "dig" ended this chapter for me! Life's lessons are always hard to digest in the moment, but in retrospect they have consistently offered me opportunity, faith and happiness so through these moments I will embrace that history and look to move forward.
We have no idea what our next move will be. My preference is to stay here while Chris completes the final two semesters, and then we leave with everything we planned to accomplish while here (plus little Izzy and my graduate degree)! That measures success in my book.
I will post again soon with photos and happy moments of family life! Thank you, again.
No comments:
Post a Comment