Brownies is in full swing and I am finding it enjoyable to head out of work early on Mondays to spend some time with Addy and her friends. It feels good to have intentional time to work with my daughter on life skills...
The girls are looking forward to Halloween. We took a trip to the local pumpkin farm and walked through the corn maze...that was nothing compared to the "pressure" of picking out the "right" pumpkin. After reading the lumpy bumpy pumpkin for 7 years, Addy always has this need to take home the ugliest pumpkin in the patch for fear that nobody else will find value in that less than perfect pumpkin. Her kind soul shines through regardless of the occassion...whereas Isabelle resounds "that is ugly" and picks a perfectly orange and round pumpkin.
I am heading to Seattle in a couple of weeks for work, and I am so excited to see friends and family. I am in the countdown for graduation...now if that pesky thesis would write itself I would be set. Hockey season is in full swing so family time is hard to come by...but someday soon it will be OVER!
Auntie Steph has indicated that she may grace us with her presence over the holiday season....which has us ALL excited. We are keeping our fingers crossed that it works out...as it is always special to have her with us for the holidays. Nothing feels more like a holiday than to have my sister here to share in the memories and the photos...not to mention the girlies LOVE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment